What Is Graston Technique?
IASTM is the acronym for instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization. The Graston technique is a type of manual therapy that utilizes specialized ergonomic tools that massage and scrape the skin gently. The Graston technique uses a set of stainless steel instruments to help soft tissue injuries to the connective tissues, muscles, neurological tissues and skin.
The benefits of the Graston technique include:
- Increased rate of volume and blood flow to affected areas to enhance healing
- Breakdown of collagen cross-links
- Boost in cellular activity for good health
- Reduction in inflammation
- Reduction in pain for better quality of life
- Increased mobility and ability to perform daily tasks
How Graston Can Help?
Graston technique is effective for all soft tissue injuries like repetitive stress injury, strains, sprains and subluxations. This soft tissue mobilization technique treats a wide number of conditions, including quadricep pain, rotator cuff pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back pain, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow and even headaches. This technique has had proven results for patients.
For more information, please feel free to call our office or contact us. Our expert physical therapy team will evaluate you for the best modalities to target your injuries.